- This event has passed.
Monticello Railway Museum: Railroad Days
September 16 @ 3:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Expressions Body Art & Design is excited about being a part of Railroad Days!
Face painting will be offered from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM both days!
Come ride our vintage passenger and freight trains on the former Illinois Central and Illinois Terminal main lines.
- Ride freight and passenger trains from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day.
- Use the Caboose Hop between the Nelson’s Crossing Depot and the yard to visit the shops and view additional exhibits.
- Ride a motorcar down our tracks and experience the rails just like maintenance workers of the past.
- Expanded children’s area, including Hodge Pedal Car rides.
- The Museum’s gift shop is open throughout the event for all your souvenir needs. Our concession area serves delicious meals for adults and kids, chips, cold drinks and more.
Gates open at 9 a.m. each day. Trains run continuously from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The last train departures are around 4 p.m. each day.
ALL-DAY TICKETS – ride as many times as you want! Children under 2 ride FREE with paying adult or senior.
You must have a ticket to access the Museum grounds. This event takes place rain or shine. All ticket sales are final.